BIG BEAR WINTER RENTAL RESTRICTIONS stay in effect until further notice
Currently, same household members may occupy vacation rental homes, with a 2 car max, 8 ppl max
Can I still come to Big Bear during the Stay at Home order? YES! If you adhere to the guidelines below: Big Bear is still allowing guests to visit, however they must agree to the restrictions that are listed here.
Can I cancel my current reservation? If you are unable to travel due to the current Stay at Home Order or the Big Bear Winter Restrictions, up to the next 7 days, please send us an email requesting to reschedule and we will respond promptly to your request and move your reservation to a new date that will work for you.
We are currently renting to SAME HOUSEHOLD with 2 car max and 8 people max, until further notice.
- Beginning 12/14 and remaining in effect until further notice, the following applies:
- Only Same Household Members may occupy the vacation rental
- 2 car occupancy maximum per vacation rental. The City of Big Bear may choose to fine guests that exceed the maximum cars per home, with a $250 fine per car for more than 2 cars..
- Maximum occupancy not to exceed 8 -10 or less, based on max occ.
- No day visitors or visiting vehicles at the home (same household only)
- Bring your own food and supplies to Avoid the grocery store.
- Respect neighbors and community by not congregating and keeping appropriate noise levels
- No Hot Tub use after 10pm
- No Amplified Music outside all hours, 24/7
- Leave no trace – remove all trash, unwanted sleds, or holiday decorations upon departure
- Wear Face Coverings when in public areas
- There may be evictions and fines for any code call (sorry but we won’t refund for evictions) The City of Big Bear may choose to fine guests that exceed the maximum cars per home, with a $250 fine per car for more than 2 cars.
- Policies for Big Bear Lakefront Cabins
Homes are professionally cleaned, disinfected and quality inspected prior to check-in using the checklist below. NOTICE: We cannot enter the property for any reason once the guest has checked in – this means we will troubleshoot all issues via email, text, and phone.
The Governor’s new order in greater details below, build upon previous State orders, and we are all working diligently to interpret the new order and how it applies in Big Bear beginnig Dec. 14 and onward.
- Vacation Rentals may be occupied by SAME HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS
- Please know that the City may choose to audit homes if more than 2 cars are at property. It will be assumed that most same family households will not need more than 2 cars to travel to BIg Bear.
- interacting with others who are not part of your immediate household is prohibited, unless you are participating in the permitted activities outlined in the Governor’s new order (and indicated below), AND you implement appropriate face covering, physical distancing, and personal hygiene practices.
- We highly recommend each household brings everything they need, the grocery stores will be operating at 20% capacity and may have long wait times and limites supplies.
- MOST OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES ARE STILL OPEN! Individuals may move around the community, as long as they are traveling to or from or participating in the permitted activities outlined below.
- Outdoor recreational activities are permitted, including skiing, snowboarding, sledding, snow tubing, hiking, running, biking, walking, and visiting the lakeshore and other parks, LIMITED TICKET SALES – MUST BOOK IN ADVANCE – CLICK HERE FOR INFO
As always, evictions may occur immediately if there is excessive noise, misbehavior, or disruption of the neighborhood.As always, respect that you are staying in a quiet residential neighborhood and treat the neighbors with respect. We want our Big Bear Residents to be respected by our Visitors.
- Big Bear Mountain Resorts and other commercial snow play areas may operate,
- all retail stores may remain open, but are limited to 20% capacity (including grocery stores) and must have an employee stationed at the entrance to ensure that entry is limited, Vacation Rentals should bring everything they need rather than visiting the grocery stores.
- restaurants may operate for take-out and delivery only,
- hair, beauty, and nail salons, and other personal care services must close,
- the bowling alley, other indoor entertainment centers, and bars / nightclubs must close,
- churches and other places of worship are limited to outdoor or online worship only,
- the zoo must close,
- traditional hotels and lodging facilities may only operate if housing essential workers,
- second homes may be occupied, but only by members of the same immediate household,
- any visitors originating from outside California, and not traveling for essential business purposes, must quarantine for 14 days,
- California residents are advised to limit travel within the State, and within 2 – 3 hours of home, and only with your immediate household.
- These new restrictions remain in effect in Big Bear. Please be responsible, and do your part to ensure that we are able to continue renting vacation rentals in Big Bear. Currently, SAME FAMILY HOUSEHOLDS may be the best way to interpret as the standard throughout the month of January 2021. We are continuing to monitor this.
PREVIOUS STAY AT HOME ORDER 12/7/20 – 12/14/20
YES, your RESERVATION WILL BE HONORED during this current “Stay at Home” (away from home) order December 7, 2020
- Vacation rentals may be occupied, as they are not lodging or hotels, only by members of the same immediate household .
- Notice : This same family restriction will be strictly enforced by the City
- More than two cars at a vacation rental will result in an inspection from Code Compliance to ensure that all guests are from the same household. It is very unlikely that a family from the same household would need bring more than two vehicles.
- Guests found to be mixing households in the same vacation rental will be evicted and the agent/owner will be issued a citation if they were negligent in enforcing the Stay at Home Order.
- Visitors from other states must quarantine for 14 days.
- Travel within 2 to 3 hours of your home is still acceptable.
- Outdoor recreational activities are permitted, including ski resorts, tubing, and more.
SEE FULL DETAILS BELOW on what BIG BEAR is doing during the Dec. 7, 2020 Stay at Home order.
VACATION RENTAL CLEANING CHECK LIST
Homes are professionally cleaned, disinfected and quality inspected prior to check-in using the checklist below. All household linens are laundered in hot water with bleach and dried on hot cycle to ensure proper cleanliness.
NOTICE: We cannot enter the property for any reason once the guest has checked in – this means we will troubleshoot all issues via email, text, and phone. We do our best to ensure that each home is fully prepared and ready for your arrival.
- Clean counter tops / Limpiar mostradores
- Clean exterior of all appliances & items on countertops (toaster, handles, coffee maker, etc.) / Limpiar todos los aparatos de cocina
- Clean inside and outside of the microwave / Limpiar dentro y fuera del microondas
- Run water in all sinks to ensure traps are filled / Deje corer agua en todos los lavamanos para asegurarse de que las trampas estén llenas
- Clean inside the oven & refrigerator-take out drawers if necessary / limpiar dentro del horno y refrigerador sacar cajones si es necesario
- Vacuum & mop floors / Barrer y trapear piso
- Empty, clean inside and out and re-line trash cans / Limpiar y vaciar botes de basura
- Clean sink / Limpiar fregadero
- Clean stove top and knobs / Limpiar estufa
- Clean kitchen table & chairs / Limpiar mesas y sillas
- Empty dishwasher and wipe down / Sacar platos del lavavajillas
- Make sure dishes are clean and put away in cabinets & drawers / Asegurarse que todos los platos esten limpios y en los gabinetes
- Check dishes in cabinets to make sure they are properly cleaned / Revisar que los platos en gabinetes estén limpios
- Close all blinds and dust / Cerrar todas las persianas y limpiar
- Clean inside pantry and discard opened food / Limpiar dentro de los gabinetes
- Check that all lights are working and report any that are not / Revisar que todos los focos estén funcionando y reportar los que no
- Check window sills for any signs of leaks, cob webs and dust report if necessary / Revisar el empaque de las ventanas
- Check windows are locked / Revisar que todas las ventanas tengan seguro puesto
- Clean vanity, sinks, toilets, shower/tub and fixtures / Limpiar lavabos, inodoros, ducha/bañera
- Sweep & mop floors / barrer y trapear el piso
- Clean mirrors and frame / Limpiar espejos
- Empty wastebaskets / Sacar basura
- Clean items on countertop (toothbrush holder, soap dish, lotion bottles, etc.)
- Throw away any used soap / Tirar a la basura jabón usado
- Replace toilet paper on holder / Reemplazar el papel higiénico
- Dust light fixtures / Sacudir artefactos de iluminación
- Flush each toilet 2 times to ensure it is properly working / Jale la palanca del inodoro dos veces para asegurarse de que este funcionando correctamente
- Visually inspect for leaks around toilet and sink / Inspeccione que no este tirando agua inodoro ni el lavabo
- Run water into all sink, shower and bathtubs for 20 seconds to fill traps / Deje corer el agua en la tina por 20 segundos para llenar las trampas
- Check corners, under counters and along baseboard for signs of pests while property was empty / Checar las esquinas por signos de plagas mientras la propiedad estaba vacía
- Light bulbs ____ / Focos ____
- Dust all furniture / Sacudir todos los muebles
- Dust blinds, ceiling fans / Sacudir las persianas y abanicos de techo
- Clean mirrors / Limpiar espejos
- Clean all windows and sills / Limpiar todas las ventanas
- Check windows for signs of leaks
- Strip beds and change sheets / Quitar sabanas y poner limpias
- Re-make beds with clean sheets / Tender camas con sabanas limpias
- Wipe down inside and out and check all drawers for any items left by renters / Revisar todos los cajones por cualquier articulo olvidado por rentadores
- Check, clean and dust under the bed for any trash / Revisar debajo de la cama por basura
- Close and dust all blinds or shutters / Cerrar todas las persianas
- Check all lights all functioning / Verificar que todas las luces
- Clean mirrors, glass surfaces and sliding glass doors in and out / Limpiar espejos y superficies de vidrio
- Dust & wipe off wall hangings, pictures, light fixtures & knick knacks / Sacudir decoraciones, fotos y lámparas
- Vacuum all rugs and carpet areas / Aspire todas las áreas de alfombras
- Clean off light switches & outlets / Limpiar interruptores de luz y enchufes
- Sweep baseboards / Narrer los rodapiés
- Empty trash in all rooms / Sacar basura de todos los cuartos
- Dust ceiling fans and blinds / Sacudir abanicos de techo y persianas
- Spot clean the walls, doorknobs, and light switches / Limpiar
- Check yard for dog doo (all guests responsible for picking up their own dog doo – report leftover doo)
- Sweep balcony (clean patio furniture / Barrer balcón sacudir los muebles
- Sweep off dusty cushions / Barrer cojines con polvo
- Clean or replace door mats / Limpiar o reemplazar tapetes de la entrada
- Clean the grill – inside and out and scrape off old food from knobs / Limpiar as adores por dentro también
- Check condition of all bedroom pillows before placing pillow-cases on them. If stained, discolored or faded replace immediately / Verifique el estado de todas las almohadas de la habitación antes de colocar fundas de almohada sobre ellas. Si está manchado, descolorido o desteñido reemplácelo de inmediato.
- Check all ceilings for signs of water damage / Revisar techos por señales de daños
- Set heater to 55 degrees in the winter, turn off in the summer / Prende el aire a 55 degrados durante el invierno y apagado durante el Verano
- Log onto Wi-Fi make ensure data connection / Conectarse al wifi para
Every time be sure to do the following: / Siempre asegúrese de:
- Be sure to close all shutters, blinds and drapes / Cerrar cortinas y persianas
- Create work order of anything damaged in the house / Crear una orden de mtto por cosas dañadas
- Replenish supplies: / Reponer suministros
- Toilet paper in each bathroom / Papel sanitario en todos los baños
- Towles and bath mat / Servitoallas en la cocina
- Kitchen towel / Por lo menos 1 garrafón de agua purificada
- Trash bags in all bins / Bolsas en todos los botes de basura
- Soap for dishwasher / Bolsa de jabón
- Dish soap, sponge / Jabón para los trastes, esponja y toalla para secar