Big Bear Lake is a charming lake resort town in Southern California. With our location nearby Southern California’s major metro areas, we are the perfect getaway from the summer heat and a relaxing winter escape. With unspoiled San Bernardino Mountain views and a crystal-clear lake in the middle of our town, there are so many things to do in Big Bear Lake during your vacation.
When people come to Big Bear Lake, they’re looking for an exciting weekend on the lake or at the slopes. Our lake is a great escape from the Southern California heat with unlimited opportunities for boating, fishing and relaxing by the beach. If you’re visiting in the colder months, Big Bear Lake is one of the best ski destinations in California with several mountains for every skill level. Hike Castle Rock and see beautiful panoramic views of Big Bear Lake or venture through the San Bernardino National Forest. Practice your swing at the Bear Mountain Golf Course, just minutes away from several of our rentals. There are also several family-friendly attractions including the Moonridge Animal Park and boat tours of Big Bear Lake. Explore Big Bear Village and nearby San Bernardino for shopping, spas, dining and fabulous nightlife. For more ideas on things to do in Big Bear Lake, download our free vacation guide.
1) Fish from the dock! Swim from the dock!
2) Boat, kayak, relax in the sun. . .
3) Rent a boat at Pleasure Point Marina (909) 866- 2455
4) Rent a Mountain Bike
5) Visit the historic Village – Dining, Shopping, Friday nights out, Music, Fun!
6) Hike – Castle Rock 45 min hike to the top! Rock climb at the top for a little more adventure
7) Hike so many other open areas too
8) Explore BLUFF LAKE by car or by hike (15 min drive from Big Bear and an AMAZING SITE!)
9) visit a freshwater COLD SPRING and green mountain meadow (10-minute drive from town)
10) Alpine Slide – Water and Bobsled slide, mini golf, race car driving
11) Swim Beach – Inflatable Slide and Bouncer on the lake!
12) Play Volleyball at B’s BBQ Restaurant on the beach or Dock up your boat and have lunch.
13) Visit the Zoo
14) Play Golf
15) Fish for Trout in a guaranteed Trout Pond
16) Go Charter Fishing
17) Visit the Big Bear DISCOVERY CENTER for so much to do for ALL AGES!
18) Water Ski, Snow Ski or Bike the MOUNTAIN (take the lift up with your bike and ride it down)
19) Visit the Solar Observatory (largest of it’s kind!)
20) Get Fresh Veggies at the local Farmers Market
21) Star Gaze and so much more to do!!!
Places to Go Around Big Bear!ARCADES
ALPINE SLIDE & WATER SLIDE
BICYCLE RENTALS & MOUNTAIN BIKE RENTALS
BOATS / MARINAS / LAKE RECREATION
HORSE DRAWN CARRIAGES
MOVIE THEATRE / PLAYS
SCENIC SKY CHAIR