Just ask our guests – 5 STARS on Yelp & Google!
Big Bear Lakefront Cabins is a leading vacation rental management company in Big Bear Lake, with 5 star ratings on Yelp and Google, yielding our homeowners some of the best rental income on the mountain. Check us out on Yelp, Google, VRBO, Airbnb, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TripAdvisor, FlipKey, and many more. People LOVE us!
Scroll down for Frequently Asked Questions!
For a FREE ANALYSIS
What Sets Big Bear Lakefront Cabins Apart?
We are the #1 Vacation Rental Management company in Big Bear! Big Bear Lakefront Cabins and Best Mountain Vacation Rentals has been in business for over 20 years! We provide excellence, quality customer service, and a personalized experience (Just check our reviews!) We are a small vacation rental company and intend to stay that way; a small company provides a more personalized experience with better care and attention to your cabin. One of our main selling points is our Quality Inspectors! We have quality inspectors that will do a detailed check before and after every renter to ensure your cabin is perfect for renters and that nothing was broken or stolen. Since we have a smaller number of homes, we are consistently able to provide quality inspections. Our business also has a Spa Company partnership! If you have a spa or are interested in one, we give deals to our owners on maintenance, service, and purchases. Weekly cleaning and cleaning after renters organized and scheduled by us is just another plus when working with Big Bear Lakefront Cabins!
Every Stay, Every Time
We believe that you can share the value, freedom, and pride of your vacation rental home with others, in the most responsible way, with the best interests of owners, guests, and neighbors in mind. To do this, our Big Bear team works harmoniously to drive more revenue for you, delivering the highest standards of service for every vacation rental home, stay, and time while respecting the quiet relaxation and integrity of our Big Bear residential neighborhoods. With top-notch service, resources, and a team devoted to excellence in managing your property, we can help you get the most out of your vacation rental home when you aren’t using it.
EARN more revenue
You want to ensure you’re making the wisest decision for you, your family, and your vacation rental home. Big Bear Lakefront Cabins makes that decision simple by keeping costs low, with no hidden fees, so you earn more from each booking. We work hard to maximize your profit because we know that together, we succeed.
Every Big Bear vacation home has a dedicated team focused on the success and care of their vacation home. We maintain Big Bear’s best Professional Cleaning crews and standards so that your vacation rental home will be well cared for with our highest standards in mind and always be 100% guest-ready and quality inspected before each guest’s arrival to ensure our greatest measure of quality care. Our professional cleaning services are staying on top of CDC guidelines to ensure that our cleaning is maintaining the highest level of cleanliness to give our team, our cleaning crews, and guests peace of mind.
We are proud of our 4 Tier Cleaning Process!
1. Our in-house laundry team (not laundered in your home) washes and dries at high temperatures using high-quality bleach and detergent for the best sanitation.
2. Big Bear’s best professional housekeeping crews clean your home thoroughly according to CDC guidelines.
3. Our Certified Spa Technician balances hot tub water with proper chemicals and testing to ensure the highest water quality after every guest’s stay!
4. WE DON’T RUSH our Quality Inspections every time! Each vacation home is then inspected by a quality inspector to ensure our desired level of cleanliness and readiness for each guest and to inspect for any possible damage to your home. Our inspectors spend, on average, 30 to 45 minutes carefully walking through your home to ensure that our team has delivered the best service and care possible. With an unbeatable ratio of 1 Quality Inspector for 20 homes per week, we do it right, and it shows.
Premier Guest Experience
We know that your vacation rental home is a significant investment. At Big Bear Lakefront Cabins, our goal is for your guests to experience the warmth of your vacation rental home while our team provides a seamless experience from booking to departure. Exceptional customer care leads to repeat bookings, great memories, positive reviews, and more revenue for our owners. Everyone benefits.
Why Should I Partner with Big Bear Lakefront Cabins & Best Mountain Vacation Rental?
Big Bear Lakefront Cabins & Best Mountain Vacation Rental, established in 2000, is a mid-sized vacation rental company committed to hard work, integrity, and innovation, offering personalized service for guests and homeowners alike. We maintain one of the highest employee-to-property ratios in Big Bear, with a 1 Quality Care Inspector per 25 vacation rental homes, which means that we dedicate the time to inspect each and every vacation rental home between guest visits and after each cleaning. This allows us to provide dedicated, hands-on, boutique-level service for every homeowner, guest, and property. Quality is what we do best because we take the time to do it right.
- We offer the most comprehensive services at a lower commission rate. Period.
- Dedicated, full-time local team on the ground, eager to serve, and easily accessible.
- No restrictions on owner stays.
- Simple owner portal access.
- No hidden fees.
- Our structure is designed to profit with our owners, not from them.
- Dedicated property managers and maintenance technicians for your vacation home.
- No annual contracts or required maintenance programs.
- A service tailored to your goals in owning a vacation rental.
- Detailed Quality Care Inspections after each cleaning and after each reservation.
- Full Service – Professionally staffed teams – Maintenance, Housekeeping, In-House Laundry, Reservations, Sales, Quality Care Inspection Team, and more.
Providing Excellent Big Bear Property Management Services
Big Bear Lakefront Cabins proudly provides property management services to Big Bear Lake home and cabin owners. With top-notch service and the resources to manage your property, we can help you get the most out of your home when you aren’t using it.
Thank you, Big Bear Lakefront Cabins, for excellent management of our vacation property. We look forward to our checks each month, and we appreciate that you don’t nickel and dime us like our previous experience. Thank you for doing what you do best because it is a partnership that works!”
– The McBrides August 2019
Would you like…
Would you like your cabin to be well Cared for and quality inspected after each guest visit?
Would you like LOW MANAGEMENT FEES?
Would you like to come up and enjoy your cabin and relax, stress-free?
Would you like to receive a good income and the best tax deduction there is?
Would you like to have your cabin appreciated and stay well maintained with minimal effort from you?
Would you like to have all this at very minimal expenses?
Are you tired of other companies that take a lot and do very little?
If you answered yes to all these, then please give us a call.
We guarantee your SATISFACTION!
20 plus years of professional experience
serving Big Bear with professional vacation rental management experience!
Professional Management Services include
- Implementing Industry Technology to stay above the rest and provide excellent results
- High Ranking on search engines for excellent exposure to renters and frequent bookings
- Online web calendar and owner portal login to book your reservations or block out dates.
- Licensed VRM that maintains city code enforcement, ordinance & inspections
- 24-hour Emergency response to handle any emergencies or immediate action.
- Personal attention and relationships with owners will always be our top priority.
- High-quality maid service to make sure your property stays clean
- Frequent inspections to ensure quality is top-notch.
- 10 years of rental experience for confidence in our methods
- Full Linen services from which we provide sheets, towels, soaps, and paper products.
- On-staff maintenance crew to keep your property in tip-top shape at a low price.
- Many different advertising programs to keep your property well rented.
- Rental Insurance for each stay so that our owners are protected from damage & theft without using your homeowners’ insurance deductible.
- Home improvement program for those that want to add value & rentals with no out-of-pocket expense.
- A professional listing of your property with professional pictures and descriptions.
- Hot tub maintenance, service, and purchase programs and much more
We are dedicated to providing exceptional service because we know what you want as a Big Bear vacation homeowner! We guarantee that you will be pleased.
SELECTING your VACATION HOME
GOALS – What type of investment goals do you have? Will you be investing for financial goals, family goals, or both? Will you be purchasing a vacation rental to maximize your rental revenue, or will you be using this home for your family and offset costs by renting your vacation home when you are not enjoying it? Both options can be great and invaluable investment opportunities for you and your family.
Size – 3 to 5 bedroom, 2 plus bathroom homes will yield the best revenue, yet we know your budget may only allow for a 2 bedroom home. Guests prefer a minimum of 2 bathrooms, if possible.
LOCATION – The location is imperative when selecting your vacation home from an investment perspective. The most lucrative Big Bear rental locations are Lakefront, Lakeview, Walk to Lake, Moonridge, Walk to or Ski In / Out Snow Summit and Bear Mountain, walk to Village, Fox Farm, Castle Glen, and Boulder Bay neighborhoods. Fawnskin is becoming a more popular area as well when appropriately marketed. These locations can produce excellent rental income in the summer and winter months, keeping in mind the Lake areas produce the best rentals for the Summer and Winter months. Staying close to the lake, Village, and slopes will produce the best rental income. For non-lakefront homes, 60 % to 70% of your rental income will be generated from November through March, with an exception for Lakefront rental homes.
QUESTION to HELP YOU SELECT the BEST VACATION HOME – When selecting a vacation rental, look around the neighborhood and see if this would be a place you would love to visit on vacation. What is your first impression when driving into the driveway, when stepping into the home (views, smells, feeling, memories,) what is the neighborhood experience, how are the neighboring homes, what are the views, what is the backyard experience, what is the hot tub experience, the views from the deck and the general feeling evoked? These questions will help you create the best guest experience and maximize your rental income.
To preserve the quiet integrity of our residential neighborhoods…
Vacation Rental Ordinance are in effect
Understanding the rental rules in Big Bear when considering your vacation home is essential. The City of Big Bear Lake (92315 zip code) and The County of San Bernardino (92314 zip code and others) each have different ordinances that must be followed. Our management services uphold all ordinances to ensure that the vacation rental industry is preserved and to uphold the quiet integrity of our residential neighbors and neighborhoods. Both Big Bear Lake and the County of San Bernardino strictly enforce their ordinance codes by posing fines and even evicting guests that are not adhering to a quiet relaxing vacation in the mountains,
BIG BEAR LAKE MAXIMUM RENTAL OCCUPANCY
Big Bear Lake Code Enforcement allows one guest per 200 sq/ft in a vacation home, rounding up to the nearest 100 sq. ft., with a maximum occupancy of 16 guests in any home.
Given these guidelines,
1,000 sq. ft. rental home maximum rental occupancy will sleep 5 guests in Big Bear Lake
1,200 sq. ft. sleeps 6 guests in Big Bear Lake
1,400 sq. ft. sleeps 7 guests in Big Bear Lake
1,600 sq. ft. sleeps 8 guests in Big Bear Lake
2,000 sq. ft. sleeps 10 guests in Big Bear Lake
2,400 sq. ft. sleeps 12 guests in Big Bear Lake
3,200 sq. ft. sleeps 16 guests in Big Bear Lake
4,000 sq. ft. sleeps 16 guests in Big Bear Lake
The City of Big Bear Lake performs annual inspections, and rental permits are required (currently a $235 annual permit application fee). These rental occupancy rules apply to homes in the “92315” zip code.
Big Bear Lake Fire Department Requirements
- Interior wood, wood pellet, gas fireplace, fireplace inserts, and stoves are okay and exempt from AQMD restrictions in Big Bear.
- Big Bear Properties are above 3000′ (AQMD Exemptions for elevations above 3000 feet. Rule 445-f-7-d)
- Fireplaces must be used in accordance within manufacturers’ guidelines, properly installed, and maintained.
- Propane and gas fire pits are okay
- with 15 feet of clearance from anything combustible
- Charcoal burning and propane/gas barbeques are okay
- with 4 feet of clearance from a structure
- and 15 feet of clearance from any flammable vegetation
- Wood-burning fire pits require 25 feet of clearance from anything combustible, including vegetation and structures
- If the 25-foot requirement can be met, a permit is required and can be obtained through Big Bear Fire Department for a $75 fee
- The permit is valid for 3 months but can be temporarily suspended at any time due to high fire danger
SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY (Big Bear City) MAXIMUM RENTAL OCCUPANCY
The County of San Bernardino inspects every 2 years and calculates occupancy differently, based on an interior inspection calculating the sq ft of bedrooms or sleeping areas, look at your parking spaces, and consider your parcel/lot size. Big Bear City, Fawnskin, Sugarloaf, Baldwin Lake, and Erwin Lake are all included in the County of SB ordnance. The County of San Bernardino performs bi-annual inspections, and rental permits are required every 2 years (currently $599 every 2-year permit application fee). These rental occupancy rules apply to homes in the 92314, 92333, 92386 zip codes and more
IN SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY
Big Bear City, Sugarloaf, Fawnskin, and more maximum occupancy is calculated as follows
1 person per 70 square feet in a room plus 50 additional square feet for every additional person in a room.
Per legal sleeping room or legal sleeping area, including pull-out sofas in living rooms, lofts, etc.
800 sq. ft. or less max rental occupancy is 6 guests
1,200 sq. ft. or less max rental occupancy is 8 guests
70 sq. ft.= 1 guests
120 sq. ft.= 2 guests
170 sq. ft.= 3 guests
220 sq. ft.= 4 guests
IN SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY – PARKING
1 car = 4 guests
2 cars = 8 guests
3 cars = 12 guests
IN SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY – PARCEL / LOT SIZES
1/4 acre parcel or less – 10 guests max occupancy
1/2 acre parcel or less – 12 guests max occupancy
1/2 acre parcel to 1-acre parcels – 15 guests max occupancy
1-acre parcel and greater – 20 guests max occupancy
INQUIRE for REVENUE RENTAL COMPARISONS for recent years. Don’t be misled…
Projecting your rental revenue is an important task. We can make promises and project rental incomes, but we realize that this is your rental investment, and you will most likely prefer the most accurate numbers regarding rental income. While projecting your income will be based on several variables, we will be happy to offer you real numbers from past rentals to offer comparisons that you can count on. We yield some of the highest rental incomes possible on the mountain! We look forward to hearing from you.